Wednesday, November 15, 2006

What happens when you get brainwashed by the Christmas music in October



Let's get this out of the way first. I like deadlines; I work well with them. In fact, I'm much more likely to finish something when I have a deadline. And my family is really appreciative of knitted gifts, to the point that my Mom has dropped subtle hints about a sweater for a year and has asked for another pair of socks since I gave her her first pair in August. (It's a good thing she wears a size 6 shoe.) So I like to knit Christmas gifts.

The list this year, though, is a little nuts. And I keep adding to it.
- Bristow
- 4 pairs of socks (plus a pair for my husband that needs to be finished)
- French Market Bag
- We Call Them Pirates hat
- 2 pairs of Fuzzy Feet
- Ballband dishclots, as I have time (yeah, right)

Okay, that actually doesn't seem so bad when I write it down. It sounds doable, even. (See how brainwashed I am?) I mean, I have 1 1/2 pairs of socks, the French Market Bag, and the back of Bristow finished. I can do it, right? Right? Or are the evergreen fumes emanating from the enormous tree outside my office getting to me?

Oh, I have the contents of two lovely packages, from Susann and Sarah, to show you! But my photos aren't uploaded, so they will have to wait.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

6 weeks left til the big Day :)) Will you be frantically finishing stuff on the trip down? *giggle*. Sounds doable, really. :)

Anonymous said...

I think the professional skaters at the rink are emitting brainwashing rays, actually, and it's not the poor tree's fault.

Donna said...

Oh my gosh! I would love to see that tree in person! One of these days.

Sarah said...

Wooo!

Good luck with the gifties!

I'm rooting for you!